English only area?

Jonathan

As an englishman living in Norway it can be difficult to find what I need and to ask the necessary questions on the Internet forums in Norway.

How about an "English only" area, this then enables people from all countries to ask questions and get the answers they need?

And I know you Norwegians are good at English, especially after a beer or two :D

Hilsen

Jonathan

Edited by Guest

Not a bad idea at all, you can probably start by making a thread in the Offtopic forum and ask about anything you want to know, and if the moderators are kind, they'll create a own English area!

And I know you Norwegians are good at English, especially after a beer or two :D

Hilsen

Jonathan

Tell me about it :oops::lol:

As most of the staff is busy with more pressing matters it may take some time before we can make any decision on this. In the meantime you are free to use the "Velkommen" or "Off-Topic" area if you can't find a more suitable place and we'll move the thread to the best location for you.

I think it's a great idea to have an area where English can be used, and it may be a great opportunity for some members to practice their English, all though what has been written so far has been excellent! :lol:

I know my wife, that is an American, more than once has expressed her gratitude to Norwegians that spoke and wrote English well. Especially in the beginning when she came here. Now she speak and write Norwegian pretty good, but it may have been a lot better if we didn't speak so much English at home :wink::lol:

As most of the staff is busy with more pressing matters it may take some time before we can make any decision on this. In the meantime you are free to use the "Velkommen" or "Off-Topic" area if you can't find a more suitable place and we'll move the thread to the best location for you.

One problem with the "Off-Topic" area is that new posts are not shown at the front page, or am I wrong? If not, is it possible to let the "newly posted" list also show new "Off-Topic" posts?

You're absolutely right, posts in "Off Topic" aren't shown on the front page. I do try to check in there a couple of times a day, but it might be better to use "Velkommen" instead.

PS Ranger: Let's keep this thread English-only so everybody can follow the discussion.

But Jonathan, you are studying Norwegian, right? And, you have a baby son and intend to stay here, so you need to learn how to speak and write Norwegian.... Well, welcome to your new practice area! Så fra nå av synes jeg du skal skrive Norsk, selv om du ikke treffer helt gjør det jo ikke noe… :D

Bent

There should'nt be a problem to use any of the topics. Just ask your questions in the topic you find suited for them and se if you get any respons. There are probably a few here who are capable of giving an answer in english, thats of course depending on your ability to interpret some gramatical errors :wink: I've corrected myself one time already :D

Thank you for all the positive replies, I think this would be a great addition to what is already an excellent forum :D

With regards my Norwegian, I'm pretty good at reading and listening, but whe it comes to speaking and writing I find it difficult, especially with those Æ, Ø, Å - :shock:

.....My girlfriend reckons I'm fluent in Norwegian after a few beers, but I can never remember it the following day! :roll::lol:

Bent (Skaubjønn), I promise to make more of an effort with the Norwegian next time we go hunting, I might even have the courage to speak a sentence or two :wink:

I'm going to England on the weekend for a few weeks, so I would like to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :D

Hilsen

Jonathan

• 3 months later...