Hullo Norway - a new member from England ! :)

IanF

Hi there,

Firstly, my apologies but I only speak enough Norwegian to order beer & ask for a kiss! :)

Hopefully, it will be ok if I post here in English! It will be nice to talk with other hunters and learn about different shooting methods and hunting techniques. Maybe some of my hunting reports may be interesting to you as well.

WelcometoDevon.jpg

As a full time hunting guide and shooting trainer who lives in South West England, my shooting grounds extend across the country, and hold good populations of Roe, Sika, Red, Fallow, Muntjac and Chinese Water Deer. We also have Wild Boar!

Sauer.jpg

We have hunted in Norway many times, and love your terrain, your game and most of all - the Norwegian attitude to hunting and outdoor life. Something that is not common over here in the UK, where we have far too many deer & not enough hunters!

IMG_1753.jpg

Keep well & dream of the opening day of the season!

Ian :)

Hello IanF, and welcome to our Forum.

Nice to see a Brit who carries a decent tri-barreled hunting gun :D

I'm sure you'll enjoy our merry brotherhood here.

We have at least one expat Brit who is living&hunting in Norway amongst our members; Jonathan. I'm certain he will be as informative as the rest of us, in your own tongue :wink:

And yes..weed love to have your hunting stories..and pictures.. :D

Fantastic pic's Ian! Welcome to the forum. Many our members are proficient in English, and we even have our own "mascot" Englishman: Jonathan :D

Hey, what a small world!

I have spoken with Johner & he is is hoping to get over and hunt with me some time in the year! :)

Many thanks for the welcome and friendly greetings - Chopper, relax, you are definately safe...... but your girlfriend is a different matter! ;)

Rgds

Arild! :)

Hey buddy - nice to see another familiar face. Hope life is going well out on the rig and the Meopta is still going well.

Jo sends her love, sorry we missed seeing you at the AR do - we were busy with a party of fourteen hunters chasing Muntjac and Fallow!

Hope to see you again soon.

Rgds

Welcome Ian! :D As you can see I am an Pbgv-ambassador, meaning the best hunting breed of dogs there is! :mrgreen: The petit basset griffon vendeen of course. :wink: Have you been hunting with the petit?

I guess my passion for these dogs will make the rest of the gang in here shake their heads now! :lol:

picture.aspx?id=35017952

Hello there, and welcome to the forum!

in the UK, where we have far too many deer & not enough hunters!

I'm sure if you set the arangements, our mighty brother(and sister)hood could gather a few decent sportsmen(and women) and come over to help :D

Or else -give the kids a rifle before football gets them!

Nice to see you found your way in here Ian :wink:

I just came back from a roebuck hunt with Ian and Jo yesterday, and as Vemund so nicely put it after 3 days of hunting; "it was not the worst..." :mrgreen:

IMG_3837.jpg

I will post a report with some more pictures in the folder named "jaktreiser" soon!

Morten

Hello IanF,

Apologies for the delay, I have only just seen your post!

Anyway welcome to Norway's best hunting forum! :D

I guess I'm the "mascot Englishman" Skaubjønn talks about! :lol:

Don't worry about the language issues, the Scandinavians are very efficient in English as you can see from the replies so far and as a result I speak very little Norwegian myself! :roll::oops:

I'm still interested in arranging to hunt with you in the future so I will definately be in touch! 8)

If there is anything I can do for you from this end, just ping me a message?

• 5 months later...
in the UK, where we have far too many deer & not enough hunters!

I'm sure if you set the arangements, our mighty brother(and sister)hood could gather a few decent sportsmen(and women) and come over to help :D

Well, we have done it! Check out the thread in 'Salg' & hopefully, we will be meeting up soon! :)

http://www.kammeret.no/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=44770

Rgds

IanF :D