hello from USA

thauglor

Hello all! Using google translate so sorry for any mistakes

Interested in Swedish target mausers, your fast and field shooting, and the sauer 200str.  Recently aquired a SSG3000 as that is more commonly available here in the USA.  my main competition is silhouette shooting

Hei alle! Bruker google translate så beklager eventuelle feil

Interessert i svenske målmausere, rask skyting og feltskyting og sauer 200str. Kjøpte nylig en SSG3000, da den er mer tilgjengelig her i USA.  min hovedkonkurranse er silhuettfotografering

Edited by thauglor

thauglor skrev (6 timer siden):

Hello all! Using google translate so sorry for any mistakes

Interested in Swedish target mausers, your fast and field shooting, and the sauer 200str.  Recently aquired a SSG3000 as that is more commonly available here in the USA.  my main competition is silhouette shooting

Hei alle! Bruker google translate så beklager eventuelle feil

Interessert i svenske målmausere, rask skyting og feltskyting og sauer 200str. Kjøpte nylig en SSG3000, da den er mer tilgjengelig her i USA.  min hovedkonkurranse er silhuettfotografering

Welcome to Kammeret!

You are on the right site to discuss Sauer STR.

But, I think you’re better off just writing English here, the Google translation provided just make us want to translate text back to English again….(i.e. silhoutte shooting translated to silhouette photographing). 

Yeah, GT handles Norwegian not so well... Most people here would speak and write english well, så english is no problem. 

I do not know what a swedish target mauser is, but i am, like many here, very familiar with the 200STR/ SSG3000 rifles. Many on theis forum have 3-4 200STRs themselves, and some maintain their clubs rifles - which can easily be 30-35 200STRs...

Unfortunately silhouette shooting (both with rifle and camera ;) ) is not very common here. I believe it was more common many years ago, as a few clubs have silhouette targets laying around rusting somewhere.

IMG_2198.jpeg.e55b9f26aa3bb89eeef7460994159bfb.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg.fc1a5c9a02cc2ca2073af5a7d3b524ee.jpeg

K

Skrueråmuttere skrev (27 minutter siden):

Wasn't "metallsilhuett" the trick used to legally register SMGs and all sorts of odd pistols under one (or more) of the previous legal regimes here? 

For semiautomatic rifles, yes. That window was closed pretty quick by changing the rules, only a few rifles was aquiered that way. Remember that back then there was no waiting time if you were an NFPS/IPSC (now DSSN) member either.

Some also used benchrest as an "excuse", the benchrest federation overdid their rulechange, and effectively stopped all recruiting, quite possibly killing at least long range benchrest, F-class and such, in Norway

For pistols, there are classes for all sorts of different pistols, with or without optical sights, also chambered for rifle cartridges, så the term "odd pistols" still apply.

K

• Like 1

Thank you for the warm welcome!!

Yes, the swedish mausers are like the Kongsberg ones you guys have, this website has a pretty good overview, the STR replaced them in the competition around 1990 or so

https://www.gotavapen.se/gota/artiklar/rifles_se/rifles63se.htm

The Kongsberg stuff is pretty rare here in the USA, and gets expensive because of it

Metallic silhouette is also how it is known in Mexico, I do mostly 22lr but also have a 6br and lever gun with metallic sights.  Air silhouette as well

Edited by thauglor