Where can I get cheap and good 6,5x55 brass?

Jonathan

Hi everyone,

I'm about to start reloading my own ammunition, 6,5x55

I'm based in Oslo and was wondering where can I get cheap and good 6.5x55 brass?

I have heard that it is often best to buy ready-to-fire ammunition from rifle ranges (Rekrutt) as this is usually the cheapest and then you can use the empty cases for reloading.

Can anyone recommend any places selling this type of ammunition and also at what price?

Tusen takk :D

Jonathan

If you're a member of DFS, you can buy inexpensive Norma ammo through your local club. Norma Golden Target costs 5-6 NOK per round and is available in 6.5x55, .308Win and .30-06. Subtracting the cost of primer (~0.35NOK), powder (1-2NOK) and bullet (1.50-2.50NOK), you end up paying about 2NOK/each for Norma brass once-fired in your own gun. AFIK, only Lapua brass is considered superior to Norma...

Thanks Raudnakke :D

But Jonathan; Didn't we drink on keeping these discussions in Norwegian from now on? :wink:

Yes we did drink on it, the problem is I'm not drinking now :lol:

If anyone wants to reply in Norwegian, thats ok as my reading is pretty good :roll:

How much brass are you looking for? 200? 2000?

I might be able to get my dirty fingers on some once-fired norma/lapua brass.

And by the way, I heard some of your norwegian vocabulary at Kammersmellen, so lets keep this post in english, ok? People get so easily offended :mrgreen:

(note to Jonathan; do NOT take any more norwegian-lessons from Skaubjønn 8) )

RA skytterlagsammo nyere enn 2001 har LAPUA hylser......

SHIT, it's på norsk!

i can translate it if you like.... ;)

Let me translate for you Jontathan, just like I did at the Kammersmellen when you talked to the local horde of women :D . What he says here is that you need a gunpowder compressor of the same type that the winner of the event got. The pink one you know :mrgreen: . Bring that one to a shooting range, wave it slowly around in big circles and ask loudly if anyone can give you something cheap and good. :mrgreen:

(Beklager kompis, var bare for fristende! :mrgreen: )

@Raudnakke: Speaking of eyesight, do you think that this much *holds forefinger and thumb half apart* is twelve inches, too? :mrgreen:

As somebody close by this thread once said: Fordelen ved å være mann er at man ikke trenger å la virkeligheten influere selvbildet...

@neon77: centimeters or inches?

Don't listen to them Jonathan! The winner of Kammmersmellen 09 use this one. Good enough for him, good enough for you. Right?

vj2b6.jpg

I suggest that you get a simmilar gunpowder compressor, and bring it to the shooting range and ask if anyone could be so kind as to demonstrate how you use it.