Jegerprøven for en Engelskmann?

PraktiskCTR

Er det ikke nok å være 18 år for å ha lov å jakte hjemme i England da? Såfall fyller han kravet for å jakte i Norge, så lenge han har engelsk statsborgerskap... Bare å sende inn dokumentasjon på at han har lov å jakte der, altså da for eks en lovtekst og bekreftelse på at han er engelsk, så kan han betale norsk jegeravgift og legge på skogen. Hvordan det stiller seg med kjøp av våpen deriomot skal jeg ikke begi meg ut på...

Så enkelt er det ikke.

Har nett gått gjennom dette med en engelsk mann som er gift med søster til hun eg er gift med.

Det han måtte gjøre var å få en hunting permit i england. For å få det, måtte han ta et lite kurs med en eksamen som gikk ganske greit.

Deretter sendte eg kopi av beviset som han fikk til det norske jeger registeret, med informasjon om at han skulle jakte hjort av meg, osv.

Etter en stund fikk eg tilsendt jeger avgift kort med hans navn.

Det som er, er at i england slipper de den årlige skyte prøven som vi har her. Men blir den personen det gjelder fast busatt i norge, så skal han på lik linje med oss ta prøven her i norge fikk eg besjed om.

Eg er og litt usikker på om han du snakker om også må ta jeger prøve eksamen i norge siden han er busatt her, og da kan det hende han sliter.

Espen

Hi Ben,

If your friend is British and lives/works in Norway he will have to take the jegerprove like all other Norwegian citizens wishing to hunt.

I took my jegerprove through Solemskogen JFF as I live in Oslo.

Solemskogen arranged a translator for me during the exam, after I spoke to the person teaching the course at Jordalskole. The jegerprove course however, was in Norwegian but I understand a little so I was able to follow most of it. If your friend does not understand Norwegian it would be necessary for him to have someone help translate and ensure they get the best from the course. As far as I'm aware there are no lessons held in English and the official book for the jegerprove is also in Norwegian!

For the exam, they took me into a seperate room with the translator so as not to disturb others. The translator then went through each of the questions and translated them to English for me.

I'm not sure if your friend is familiar with the format of the jegerprove, there are 50 multiple choice questions and he needs to get 40 correct in order to pass. To be honest most of it is common sense!

Hope this helps, if you require any further information/clarification just ping me a message.

Good luck to your friend!

Regards

Jonathan

Har en kompis som flyttet over tidlig i høst. Han har jaktet hjemme i england og tok med bevis på dette som ble oversendt DN og det gikk helt greit. Han har nå registrert i jaktregisteret uten jegerprøven og har alle våpene sine her i Norge. Vet det er ett eller annet oljeselskape her i Stavanger som kjører DN godkjente kurs på engelsk.

Contacted the police in Oslo yesterday to ask why my weapons permit was taking so long. Was told that I needed a certificate from the police in the UK to prove I don't have a criminal record :evil: just wish they has told me that before I submitted the forms as I could have had everything ready weeks ago! I guess it's back to waiting! :roll:

So a word of advice to you foriegners wishing to purchase a gun in Norway, obtain the relevant Police forms prior to submitting for the gun permit as it make things "MUCH" faster!

For any British hunter in Norway, you need to ask your local police station for an SA1. Once completed you need to include a scanned image of your passport and also of a utility bill with your name and current address in Norway. This then needs to be handed/posted to your local police station in the UK with a payment of £10. This is then sent to Scotland Yard for processing, once processed it will then be sent to the address provided on the form. According to the information sheet on the SA1 form it can take upto 40 days to process!

*** An exception to the above is if you have been registered as living in Norway for the last 5 years, if so and you have commited no crimes whilst in the country, the weapons permit can be processed in Norway without the need to contact your home country's police force***

Hope this helps someone!

Regards/ Hilsen

Jonathan

• 6 years later...

I Kristiansand Jeger og Fiskerforening oversetter eksamensansvarlig spørsmålene på digital eksamen for deg. Du får den hjelpen du trenger. Det er opp til lokalforeningene å legge til rette, men i Kristiansand gjør de dette ofte, så bare kontakt dem..