Hilsen fra Romania!

DAC

Hei,

Jeg 33, gift, en gutt (5 år gammel) Jeg tjener mitt daglige brød som et land landmåler (også med kompetanse i GIS, kartlegging og fjernmåling), jeg bor i en by i vestre del av Romania som heter Timisoara.

Jeg blir medlem av dette forumet på grunn av kvaliteten innhold (jeg fant dette forumet ved en tilfeldighet, var første post jeg fant Roe sine innlegg viewtopic.php?f=43&p=478675 jeg ma abonnent på hans YouTube-kanal), så jeg begynte å oversette de temaene, fant noen interessante seg, og her er jeg som medlem.

Jeg beklager på forhånd for mine feil i å bruke engelsk og Google til å oversette til norsk.

============================================================================================

Hello ,

I'm 33 , married , 1 boy (5 yrs old) I earn my daily bread as a land surveyor (also with expertise in GIS,mapping and remote sensing) , I live in a town in western part of Romania called Timisoara.

I become a member of this forum because of the quality content (I found this forum by chance , first post I found was Roe's post viewtopic.php?f=43&p=478675 I’m a subscriber at his YouTube channel ) so I started to to translate the topics , found some interesting ones and here I’m as a member .

I apologies in advance for my mistakes in using English and Google to translate to Norwegian.

Welcome. The Google transalation was not too bad. But I think that plain english will do perfectly here on this forum. Most of the users here get by using english. It will be interesting for us to know how it is to be a hunter and civilian gunowner in Romania.

It will be interesting for us to know how it is to be a hunter and civilian gunowner in Romania.

Unfortunately here the authorities try to inhibit gun owners, I will try to explain how you can get your hunting license also gun owning approval in RO.

1. You need to apply to be accepted in a hunting club (association)

2. If/after you are accepted in a club you need to spend at least 1 year as apprentice, in this time you need to participate at at least 5 hunts as a beater and hunter assistant, and minimum in 5 actions of management (game feeding, repair of buildings).

2. After this year you get a recommendation and you can apply to take an examination and to become a licensed hunter.

To be accepted at this examination you need to provide a full set of medical exams which must prove you are a healthy individual, results from a psychological test - you must be a balanced person, an official document emitted by Romanian Police with your criminal record, and another few documents.

This examination is a marksmanship test and after this first test a theoretical test , 30 questions , as a quiz about game , game life, game management, hunting methods, hunting periods , hunting law , gun law e.t.c.

If you pass the exam you become licensed hunter.

NOW YOU ARE A LICENSED HUNTER NOT MORE

A second stage become :lol:

Now you need to become a gun owner.

1. First you need to get in a king of preparation (lessons) for using lethal weapons; this is organized by an authorized person (by the authorities, in this case police), this take around course take 3 weeks.

After this you have another exam organized by police, a marksmanship part and a second part theoretical again a quiz regarding weapons, and gun law. If you pass this exam you get a diploma, NOW you are qualified to use lethal weapons: D

2.Is time to go to police (guns department) with all the document achieved before (lethal weapons usage diploma, hunting license , psychological examination-special one made for possible gun owners , medical examination -general one , here with this documents you apply to become a gun owner .

When you go to police to apply to become a gun owner you must already have at home a gun safe (catch in the floor and the wall, 2 compartments, one for ammunition with a separate locker one for guns).

Now the police analyze your request , your criminal records are verified again , a social investigation is done (talk with your neighbors , the policeman who in is charge in residential section where your house is must do a appreciation about you) , police come to visit you , inspect at your residence the gun safe, to be according the law and only if you are OK (this mean you are not an violent or aggressive person, no criminal record , balanced person e.t.c.) you get a piece of paper which give you the right to buy your first weapon .

Now you can buy your first LONG weapon (in Romania as civilian you are not allowed to own short weapons as pistols, revolvers , you can have this kind of weapons only as a collector and in this case every time when you take out a weapon outside your house you need to have a written acceptance from police) .

After you buy your first weapon in maximum 3 days you need to go with the rifle to the police to be registered, to take ballistic print of the weapon and to receive your GUN OWNER PERMISSION.

Only now you are a hunter and a gun owner :lol:

To hunt individually you need to buy a authorization for a specific game , or to hunt with your association (hunting club) members (this is i case of driven hunts).

Regarding calibers and cartridges we are alowed to use ...this si an odd aproach :lol:

This is an extras from the law with minimum you can use.

1. ROE DEER

- Bullet diameter (mm) 5,6

- Case length (mm) 43

- Bullet weight (g) 3,24

2. CHAMOIS si MUFLON

- Bullet diameter (mm) 5,6

- Case length (mm) 50

- Bullet weight (g) 4,08

3. WILD HOG AND RAIN DEER

- Bullet diameter (mm) 6,5

- Case length (mm) 57

- Bullet weight (g) 7,00

4. RED DEER

- Bullet diameter (mm) 7,0

- Case length (mm) 57

- Bullet weight (g) 11,02

5. BROWN BEAR

- Bullet diameter (mm) 7,0

- Case length (mm) 64

- Bullet weight (g) 12,96

Important things:

You are not allowed to get in the field with a weapon without authorization for a specific game , the only accepted situation is to carry the weapon in a case .

You are nor allowed to practice outside authorized ranges .

If you want to know more please let me know.

Oh my GOD DAC! What a horrible situation! Our laws are permissive in comparison.

I assume you have better politicians and long time ago when you grand grand grandfathers started "Det frivillige Skyttervesen" they was very wise .

Yes, I guess you are right DAC. Furthermore, a large percentage of the population is involved in hunting. There are 440000 people that are licensed hunters, out of a population of five million. Meat from game is regularly eaten in many (most?) homes in Norway. People are concerned with gun control, there seems to be a general consensus regarding the value of upholding the ban on bearing arms in public. Our police are not even armed! Guns are generally not seen as a viable option for self defense purposes. But hunting and recreational shooting is widely accepted in the population.