plainsgame kaliber?

steffen

jeg har vært nesten uten våpen lenge nå, å skal begynne å handle inn det jeg trenger.

til normal jakt trenger jeg en .308win ladd med 180gr partition, holder til alt europeisk vilt og til alt som er interessant i nordamerika.

men en plainsgame jakt i framtiden frister litt, og da vil eland og giraff være aktuelt.

jeg kommer aldri til å jakte big five.

hvis jeg skal gå opp et hakk fra .308, så blir det 9,3x62.

er .308win for smått til eland og giraff?

Hello: I used a .358 Norma Magnum caliber with Norma 250 gr. Oryx bullets...a good choice. I shot Eland, Red Hartebeest,

Hartman;s Mountain Zebra, Oryx, Impala & Blesbok. The Cape Eland was estimated at about 1,000 kg.

Excuse the English language,...I am an American & only know English language.

except..."MVH"! :wink:

Best Regards & MVH,

Tom from Wyoming, USA

Hi Arild:

Thanks for the Welcome...I used to hunt since I was 13 years old...(I am now 68 years old and still hunting). I also had

hunted when young with an American Indian who taught me some too. But no one is a complete expert...the main thing is to enjoy the Sport & share knowledge & ideas.

Med Vennlig Hilsen, :wink:

Tom

308 og 30-06 er regnet for å være fornuftige minimuskaliber blant guider og outfittere, til store afrikanske antiloper(vel og merke med gode kuler og fornuftige skyteavstander). 9,3 og 375 er regnet for å være bedre. En eland er stor og kraftig bygd. Jeg vet ikke om jeg hadde turt å dra på giraff med 308, men det er sikkert gjort med godt resultat. Det er bare det at marginene blir mindre jo større viltet blir når man bruker 308. Du har ikke vurdert en alminnelig 375 til Afrikajakta di? En CZ blir ikke en betydelig del av det totale budsjettet for en slik tur.

Jeg skal selv av gårde igjen til neste år og da blir 30-06en igjen hjemme mens 9,3x62 eller 375en blir med. Føler det er bedre med litt tyngre, grovere kuler til de store antilopene.

For referanser: har skutt Eland, Gnu, Kudux2, Oryx, Bleesbuck, Impalax2, vortesvinx3, Duiker, Steenbuck og Bushbuck med 30-06 på forrige tur. Jeg skjøt ikke giraff, men vi vasset i dem mens vi snek etter impala. Giraffokser er store!

Ellers er Zebra også meget tøffe dyr, skal jeg skyte det blir det med 9,3 eller 375.

MVH ATK

• 2 weeks later...

I often wonder why the .358 Norma Magnum cartridge is ignored for Africa? It shoots a 250 gr. bullet at 2800 fps, and is deadly on all game. It shoots flatter than the .375 H&H, and due to less bullet diameter, has better penetration & better

ballistics overall. I shot a tough Zebra, 1000 kg. Cape Eland, and Oryx among other large, tough game. They all dropped

on the spot...I also have a .375 H&H, so could have used that...but I prefer the .358 Norma Magnuim over the .375 H&H.

Its just better overall. I have 3 factory .358 Norma Magnum Rifles...a Kongsberg, a Husqvarna & a Schulz & Larsen. I also

use a .35 Newton which is even more powerful than the .358 Norma Magnum...but very similar in killing opower.

Best Regards,

Tom

Oddly enough the .358 NM is a enthustiasts round up here, but those of us that use it cherish it like few others .

Kvale is one of the best designers of ammo up here, and it should be taken up into a memorial park somewhere. :D

2 friends of me up here, inherited a S&L rifle from their father and grandfather, back in the good old days, the Norma slugs was loaded to with the bullets for the .358 Win that they made :?

according to Kvale the moose was "thin skinned" and didn't need much of energy power bullets, frankly that killed the .358 as a hammer round, My friends father had several moose's which got much meat damage from that bullets, and a good bunch of dog meat was to be made .

But later when the old man went to the CEos office and lobbying for a stronger round, things went better for a while , that saved his bacon in Alaska when a big grizz came out through the bush and he started with the bear on 30 meters , one shot in the cehst at the front, next one under 20 meter, 3rd and last round , well lets say the bear covered his ghost ring and it was full of bear, that round in less than an inch under its right eye, the patch oin the museum bear say it well.

abit away from Safari rounds, but its a fascinating round, and when i go for the safari , some time soon i hope, the big .35 is following suit .

Tonheims new bullets 215 grain all copper is a fine choice, but the Accubond 225 grain is a poisonius round, a "old" box i have is abit long for the magazine but they hammer steel on long ranges and is accurate as few others .

But i think the new Accubonds is shorter and made for .35 Whelen , and they might suit it very well.

thinking of later of Barnes TSX 225 also or 250 grains,.

But other PG rounds, as i know, 308. 30-06 , and many others, there is a sky of them try the ones that suit it well.

(Per Holmseth(