[English] 200 STR barrels shipped to North America?

hafetysazard

Sorry for not using Norwegian, in advance.

I recently acquired a used Sauer 200 STR here in Canada, and it came with no accessories, and a single magazine. The receiver is in perfect shape, but the stock is quite worn, and the barrel is probably shot out. I was wondering if there are any retailers, or individuals, who can supply spare parts, particularly barrels, and other accessories for this gun. I figured this is an appropriate place to ask, since it seems Norway is the destination for most of these guns and parts.

Much appreciated, cheers!

I recently acquired a used Sauer 200 STR here in Canada, and it came with no accessories, and a single magazine. The receiver is in perfect shape, but the stock is quite worn, and the barrel is probably shot out.

- magazines, most norwegian shooters have 5-8 magazines - they are "cheap" and can be bought at Landrø.

- Landrø also sells shooting slings ready made for the flush-cup sling studs on the 200STR

- iron sights, a lot of norwegians are using sopes only, and have Busk diopters somewhere in a drawer ( i have 2, just sold one...)

- stock, as a lot of people have converted their 200STRs to SSG 3000 lookalikes, there are any number of (un)used stocks for sale, i have two. McMillan makes the SSG 3000 stock, it is exportable (as we buy them readily here)

- barrels can be obtained as stated in posts above. OR, a competent gunsmith can rebarrel the rifle by cutting the old barrel and threading a new onto the locking section of the old. There are a couple of way to do this - it is a common procedure when people want their STRs in other calibers than 308 og 6.5x55

- scope rail, US Optics makes an excellent picatinny rail for the 200STR, so do others

K