Zimbabwe nå nå betaler de med geiter og høns

donner

From todays issue of the Matabeleland newspaper

'The Mthwakazian';

Chikens, Goats Used As Bus Fare

Saturday, 27 December 2008

Rural bus operators plying the Bulawayo / Victoria Falls route are now accepting chickens or goats as bus fares for those passengers who cannot raise foreign currency to board buses.

Most rural transport operators are now charging passengers in foreign currency or fuel coupons. As a result rural commuters who cannot afford to raise foreign currency or the coupons are now using goats or chickens as bus fare payments.

"I boarded a bus to my rural home in Binga on the 20th of December and I was charged 100 rands...I did not have the money after spending all my money on Christmas day and I was forced to part with five chickens as bus fare back to Bulawayo. This deal is definitely unfair because five chickens are worth more than 100 rands but I had no choice," said Danniel Ncube who was caught by reporters embarking from a Binga bus.

Another passenger Jane Mlambo said she used a goat as bus fare to travel from Dete to Bulawayo on Christmas day.

'The three of us, my two cousins and myself paid a male goat over the Christmas holiday for a journey from Dete to Bulawayo. There was nothing we could have done because we wanted to attend our brother's funeral," she said.

A Sibula bus crew who spoke to reporters confirmed the development which is regarded as an ancient method of doing business.

"We do not force people to pay us goats or chickens. They come to us with offers and we accept because we know they cannot afford to raise foreign currency.' said one of the bus crew members. The crew said they sell the goats and chickens to recoup their expenses. (VOP)

poor zimbabwe :x hentet fra accurate reloading.

vi har hatt ca 500 pers fra zim inne på en av campene våre for å få vann og mat stakkars jævler :(

Dem har det ikke lett, og strømmen over til RSA er vel ikke akurat liten om dagen. Med tanke på koleraen som herjer og nå begynner å smitte fra person til person, burde man ta visse forholdsregler, selv om koleraen ikke er direkte farlig for oss så kan det bli noen svært ubehagelige dager mens man skulle benyttet tiden til å kose seg og jakte

Skjønner dette går innpå deg når du nærmest stotrer det fram i trådtittelen! :mrgreen:

Nei det landet der har ikke hatt godt av den diktatoren som råder.... Men mentaliteten blant mange i slike land er også til ettertanke, kommer en ny til makta så vil han oppføre seg omtrent nøyaktig likt med forgjengeren.

Kan ta Russland som et liknende eksempel, kjenner noen russere. Om man diskuterer politikk med de og kommer i skade for å nevne at Vladimir Putin gjorde seg til landets rikeste mann mens han satt som president, så svarer de - ja hvorfor ikke? - Det ville jaggu jeg gjort og! Så mentaliteten er at kommer man i posisjon så karrer man til seg som best man kan. For alle ville gjort det.

Beklager sidespranget, men synes dette er en interessant observasjon....