Noen som har flydd med med våpen med Emiratene via Dubai?

Kiwi

Drar over til NZ andre halvdel av April i år, og vurderer å fly via Dubai.

Reglene til Emiratene er ganske kurante, men har noen gjort det før?

Sitat fra hjemmesiden:

Sporting weapons and ammunition

Firearms designed for sporting purposes, such as target pistols and rifles, air guns, safari rifles, hunting rifles, etc., may be carried as checked baggage on Emirates flights under the following conditions:

The firearm must be completely unloaded and, if possible, dismantled and packed inside a suitcase or standard gun case.

The carriage of any type of firearms, ammunition and explosives, including items containing explosives, must be approved by Emirates no less than three days before your flight. Please contact your nearest Emirates office to start the approval process. Please allow extra time for public holidays and weekends in your country of residence and the UAE.

Ammunition must be securely stored in a strong, sealed box packed inside a suitcase and surrounded by other contents. The suitcase must not bear an ‘Explosive’ label.

The maximum gross weight of the ammunition carried by any single customer is 5kg (11lb). Customers travelling in groups must carry ammunition in their own separate bags, with no single bag carrying more than the 5kg (11lb) limit.

The following special conditions apply to customers wishing to carry firearms on flights into or through Dubai:

Customers who wish to bring firearms and ammunition into the UAE must obtain prior clearance from UAE Customs and the UAE Ministry of Defence. To obtain this clearance, customers must contact these government departments directly.

For transfer and transit customers who are connecting to onward flights, prior clearance to travel with firearms and ammunition must be obtained from the Dubai Airport Police Department and the Department of Civil Aviation.

Er tanken da å fly Emirates hele veien, og mellomlanding i DXB?

Om du reiser slik, så ville jeg sjekket om den tillatelsen du får gjelder KUN på en konkret flight. I tilfelle forsinkelser etc også står du i DXB med våpen uten tillatelse for å komme videre pga forsinkelse etc. You know "Murphy's law" osv...

Har ingen erfaring med den veien selv.

Så var billetter bestilt, så får vi testa ut hvordan det er å fly via Dubai med våpen.

Regner med at det går helt fint så lenge alt av papirarbeid er gjort skikkelig.

Kommer til å ta med korrespondansen på papir i tilfelle..

Samme gjelder evt ekstra betaling på bagasje.

• 1 month later...

Dette viser seg å være ganske uproblematisk… :D

Man må forhåndsklarere våpen med flyselskapet, fylle ut et skjema som de skal kontrollere og som bringes med på flighten.

Våpenet forblir i transit sonene til man er fremme. Det er 30kg (!!!) bagasjegrense, man kan ha flere kolli enn 2, og våpen kan gjerne være et av kolliene innenfor grensen! :D:D:D

Tror jeg skal sørge for å fly med disse neste gang også…! 8)