Nye caliber/kule vekt regler i Sørafrika

donner

Det har nå kommet nye regler i Sørafrika for caliber og kulevekt! :wink:

>35gr min up to rock hyrax ("dassie"), all rodents and feathered game - this implies no 32 or 33gr 22 LR, .17's and air rifles!

>50gr for gamer up to the size of springbok (so no 45gr Hornet for any on the tiny antelope.

>100gr thereafter up to impala, warthog, blesbuck, common reedbuck and nyala ewes (so don't bring 85gr TSX, 90gr Scirrocos or 85gr Hornady IB etc for your 243?!)

>130gr thereafter up to Black Wildebeest, Tsessebe, Nyala Bulls and hartebeest (so no 120gr 6.5's and where exactly do the .25's and 6.5mm's fit now anyway!)

>150gr thereafter up to Blue Wildebeest, Kudu, Gemsbok, Sable, Roan and Leopard.

>175gr up to Eland (excl lion and buff)

>250gr for larger up to buff and giraffe (meaning 250gr .33's and .35's would be legal?)

>300gr for larger - i.e. hippo and elephant (so 286gr 9.3 is illegal?!)

>For thick skinned game solids or monometal only - so as per their definition, croc, buff and hippo require solids (including buff in herds etc!?)

• 1 month later...

Guys I have just looked into the Fca (firearms control act) and there are only 2restrictions 1st No semi Auto rifles alowed for hunting . 2 No rimfire alowed for hunting All the rest are either Provintial (Fylke) or made by the farm Owner .

I have kooked on all the Official law websites regarding hunting and can find only one rule and that is The 375 rule for Dangerous Game which is only in a few of the provences .

Hippo has no restriction on caliber because it is not classed as dangerous game .

Det ser nok ikke ut som om disse reglene er godkjent enda.

Spurte min PH om dette og fikk følgende svar:

Yes, it was published in our governement gazette for approval but we all believe it will not be passed......:-))

Keep you up to date

• 2 weeks later...

I siste nummer av "man Magnum", kan man lese forslagene til normer ang. jakt i SA:

Kilde:

Government Notice No 456 published in Government Gazette No 34326 dated 27 May 2011 on behalf of the Department of Enviromental Affairs.

Men som avslutning -- står det også at reglene ikke vil tre i kraft før "The Minister in the Gazette" har fastslått et tidspunkt.