Peter Flack - informativ nettside

Anders

Han har gitt ut flere dvder, jeg har den hunting in South Africa og for en som ikke har hatt råd til å komme seg på jakt der nede ennå så er det en lærerik og grundig gjennomgang av de forskjellige jaktområdene , viltet, og hva slags kalibrer som passer i RSa, samt hvordan unngå å havne i feil utstopper fella og hvordan oppføre seg i pass og våpenkontrollen på flyplassen.

• 1 month later...

Peter har sett det som sin livsoppgave og utdanne alle som er glad i Afrika og jakta der til å ta skrittet fult ut. Han arranger derfor ei grattis jakt en uke i året på farmen sin i Easthern Cape for alle førstegangs jegere. Faller du innenfor kategorien og er i rett alder er det bare å kontakte han på weben hans.

Peter arranger ikke så vidt jeg vet noen kommersielle jakter i SA i dag! ( I tilfelle vil det nok være jakter for "conservation" formål. Hvor pengene går til viltbevaring, oppkjøp av land etc..... Kun for folk med uforskamma mye penger som har mere øye for viltbevaring en jakt, forstå meg rett............. Det er disse vi alle elsker å hate, men de vi virkelig burte takke for at vi er så heldige og kunne oppleve jakta i afrika i dag............)

" Er nok også mest rettet inn mot sør afrikansk ungdom som er i starten av et forhåpentligvis, langt og lærerikt jegerliv. For de av dem som holder ut lenge nok, vil de nok som Peter forstått at jo mer du lærer jo mindre vet du. :D "

Forøverig er vel dette Peter's Guild of sportsmen.

Read what Don Causey has to say about the Guild of Field Sportsmen in the latest Hunting Report

Ever get the feeling that hunting is turning into a sport – like stock car racing or soccer? You know, individual hunters jostling to take bigger trophies than anyone else? Mind you, the pursuit of big animals is what trophy hunting is all about. And there is nothing at all wrong with setting individual hunting goals, such as taking the North American 29, or all of the spiral horn antelopes.

The question is one of emphasis. Focusing too much on taking big trophies and reaching hunting goals may be blinding us to the larger pleasures of being afield and causing us to forget the gentlemanly values of yesteryear.

The ruminations above come as the result of visiting the Rowland Ward web site (http://www.rowlandward" target="_blank .com). Seems that venerable organization – publisher of the important Records of Big Game – has formed what it calls The Rowland Ward Guild of Field Sportsmen whose main goal is the celebration of ethical behavior afield.

Ethics are so central to what the organization is about you have to read the organization’s Code of Ethics and agree to abide by it before you can apply. Membership in the guild costs $50 (US) for one year; $90 for two years. That buys you acceptance by the group, a tie or cap with the Rowland Ward logo on it, a subscription to the bi-annual Rowland Ward Magazine, electronic access to a digitized version of Records of Big Game and discounts on the purchase of various books and products.

Here at The Hunting Report, I have long ago accepted that international hunting has moved in new directions of late, away from the gentlemanly roots of the activity. And those moves have been good and bad. They have been good because they have turned hunting into an economic juggernaut worldwide that has pushed the old protectionist ethic to the sidelines of history where it belongs.

Wildlife populations the world over have a new chance to survive because of the new mercantilism of world hunting. On the flip side, it is hard not to feel a twinge of sadness at the decline of gentlemanly values among hunters. Fair play as an end in itself is on the wane. And that is what makes The Rowland Ward Guild of Field Sportsmen such an attractive organization.

Every large group needs to have a nucleus of individuals within it that champions rectitude and rightness and nudges the group as a whole toward its better self. You can join the guild by going to the organization’s web site, http://www.rowlandward.com" target="_blank. For sure, I endorse the group and what it is trying to do.

– Don Causey The Hunt Report.

Click Here to read this edition of the Hunt Report

Nils-Ole

Når vi først er inne på Rowland Ward!

Tammy trenger bilder av alle storviltartene våre plus alle andre fra " The rest of the world" til den neste utgaven av the " BOOK"

Oppforder alle til å sende Tammy bilder på E-mail.: tammy@rowlandward.com

Henvis gjerne til meg :wink:

Har sett mange fantastiske bilder her på kammeret! Så nå er det bare å kjenne besøkelsestida si!

@ Jaktlykke! Får jeg din vensingelse til å sende tammy et bilde av deg og svartbjørnen din :D:?:

Nils-Ole