I need some advice...

gary80

hi i have just started this year with Mår fangst,i started with 2 traps(feller) close to each other and traped 2 marten(mår)in the first week and 1 more 2 weeks after :D,but like i said i dont realy know what i am doing other than the few tips i have got from a freind who has been doing this for a long time,i have taken my traps down from the place i trapped my first 3 marten and now need a new place for a new trap line,so what i was woundering about is if martens are only high in the mountains or can they be found lower just above see level?(in the forest of corse :))???? sory about the english,i can speak an read norwegan so if anybody could give me some tips the you can reply in norsk :D

Edited by Guest

First of all, I would advise you to change your title to something less screaming and more describing than "Help!!!!"...

Three martens in two weeks is a very good outcome for two traps, so I would say you have be doing everything about as right as possible. Martens can be found pretty much everywhere you find coniferous forest (in Norway), but closer to sea ther will be more competion with mink (leagal to trap) and otters (not leagal to trap!!). If you have snow in the area, look out for tracks. If there is activity it will sure come back sooner or later.