Nye pass regler til Sørafrika

donner

Subject: New Passport Requirements for South African Entry

Please be advised that according to Home Affairs Officials at the airport, as from 1st September 2008, the new minimum passport entry requirement for any travelers entering South Africa is a minimum of six blank pages in their passport (including the two endorsement pages in US passports)

This means six visa pages for all non US passport holders and four visa pages plus the two endorsement pages for all US passport holders.

We have also been advised that if a guest holding a US passport should be travelling to more than four African countries via RSA, then the traveler must have a minimum of one blank visa page for each country to be visited plus one extra blank visa page excluding the endorsement pages in US passports. i.e. a visitor holding a US passport who is visiting five countries via RSA must have a minimum of six blank visa pages on arrival. (Eight blank pages in all including the endorsement pages)

• 1 month later...
:shock: Når måtte vi søke om visa for skandinaver?har etterhånden vært nede 30+ ganger og det var på siste turen at denne nye reglen kom!!Nordisk safariklubb har samme på sine sider!

Hvis du ser under pkt. 3 så står Norge på listen over land som ikke trenger visa til SA.

fullstendig klar over det kammerat :wink: men det er ikke de samme reglene for pass ifølge accurate reloading og Nordisk safariklub!

her er direkte fra accurate

Subject: New Passport Requirements for South African Entry

Please be advised that according to Home Affairs Officials at the airport, as from 1st September 2008, the new minimum passport entry requirement for any travelers entering South Africa is a minimum of six blank pages in their passport (including the two endorsement pages in US passports)

This means six visa pages for all non US passport holders and four visa pages plus the two endorsement pages for all US passport holders.

We have also been advised that if a guest holding a US passport should be travelling to more than four African countries via RSA, then the traveler must have a minimum of one blank visa page for each country to be visited plus one extra blank visa page excluding the endorsement pages in US passports. i.e. a visitor holding a US passport who is visiting five countries via RSA must have a minimum of six blank visa pages on arrival. (Eight blank pages in all including the endorsement pages)

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net

Hei!disse reglene kom i august og vi fikk sjekka dette på Tembo internasjonal airport (Johannesburg)relevant info fant jeg på Accurate reloading(se tekst)var i Rsa i oktober og da gjaldt disse reglene iallefall!! :mrgreen:

Hørte heller ikke noe om dette da jeg reiste inn i SA 8.okt iår. Det hadde vært veldig oppklarende med en link til en offisiell side som kunne bekrefte at det må være 6 blanke sider i passet ved innreise i SA

Har nå snakket med både ambasaden i Sydafrika og pass kontrollen og det ser ut til at det er motstridene opplysninger alle sitter med :roll:(ikke nytt nei) jeg kommer iallefall til å fortsette å be mine kunder om at de har minst 6 blanke ark i passet for jeg vil ikke risikere at folk blir nekta innreise pga en bagatell som denne :wink:

Ja,det er vel ikke helt uventet at det er motstridende opplysninger om dette. Sendte en mail til den norske ambasaden i Pretoria om dette i går, men har ikke fått noe svar enda.

Prinsippet om å være "føre var" gjelder nok i aller høyeste grad her!

Har du noen erfaringer med norske statsborgere som er nektet innreise pga manglende blanke sider i passet?

Går du inn på accurate reloading siden under afrika så kan du lese hva som skjer hvis DU ikke har 6 blanke sider!mao ikke adgang til landet og følgende problemer :wink:

Hvis du leser hele tråden så ser du at det ikke gjelder alikevel. Se spesielt den siste setningen i Kathi sitt innlegg den 7. okt

Kanskje trådstarter skulle bytte tittelen på denne tråden til "Foreløbig ingen nye pass regler til Sørafrika"

Kathi

one of us

Posted 07 October 2008 21:27 Hide Post

Further to the below e-mail send out to you previously , we have been trying to get a letter from Home Affairs but have not been able to obtain updated information in writing and have come across conflicting information in the past couple of weeks.

Therefore until further notice, we feel that we should revert back to the original instruction that was discussed with Home Affairs officials on the 28th August 2008.

At that meeting, we were advised that persons holding a US passport were being denied entry to South Africa on the grounds that they did not arrive in the Republic with the minimum requirement of two blank visa pages available in their passport. Apparently, the confusion arises from the fact that the last two pages in a US passport are not visa pages and are in fact endorsement pages which may not, under any circumstances, be used by any country outside of the United States for the purposes of entering entry and exit notations and / or Visa's.

According to the officials, only pages in a passport that clearly contain the word Visa's at the top of the page may be used for the purposes of inserting entry and exit notations and visa's. At the time of the original meeting, the minimum requirement for entry into South Africa was not less than two blank visa pages.

The immigration officials strongly recommended that where a guest intends to visit several countries whilst travelling, then the guest should plan to have at least one blank visa page for every country that they intend to visit, plus one extra visa page. This is because some countries will utilize an entire page for their visa inserts.

Guests are to ensure that, before they depart from their country of origin, they have the minimum blank visa pages for each country that they intend to visit as not every African country has an Embassy that is equipped to insert extra pages or to issue travel documents at short notice.

We do apologize for sending out some incorrect information but rest assured that we will always keep you up to date regarding visa requirements for the guests.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net

708-425-3552

Har snakket med min kompis i Danmark. Han jobber SAA. her ser dere svaret.

Hej Tom,

jeg tror der er sket en misforståelse. Ifølge vores system, skal passet være gyldig i over 1 måned og have 1 blank side til visum ved ankomst.

Jeg håber det hjælper.

TIMATIC-3 / 08DEC08 / 1132 UTC

NATIONAL NORWAY (NO) /DESTINATION SOUTH AFRICA (ZA)

VISA DESTINATION SOUTH AFRICA (ZA)

...... NORMAL PASSPORTS ONLY ......

PASSPORT REQUIRED.

- PASSPORT AND/OR PASSPORT REPLACING DOCUMENTS MUST BE VALID

FOR AT LEAST 30 DAYS BEYOND THE PERIOD OF INTENDED STAY.

VISA REQUIRED, EXCEPT FOR THOSE COMING FOR FOR A MAX. STAY OF

90 DAYS:

MINORS:

- AGED UP TO/INC. 15 YEARS OF AGE >TIDFT/ZA/PA/MI/ID28606

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

- PASSPORTS AND PASSPORT REPLACING DOCUMENTS OF ALL NON-SOUTH

AFRICAN NATIONALS MUST CONTAIN AT LEAST 1 UNUSED VISA PAGE

>TIDFT/ZA/PA/AI/ID12149

- VISITORS SHOULD HOLD RETURN OR ONWARD TICKETS, SUFFICIENT

MEANS OF SUPPORT, ENTRY DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THEIR NEXT

DESTINATION AND VALID PASSPORT, BEARING VISA IF APPLICABLE.

Kind regards,

SOUTH AFRICAN AIRWAYS

Mark-Temba Christensen

Reservations and Sales

Vester Farimagsgade 1, 3.

DK-1606 Copenhagen V

Denmark

Snakket akkurat med Tony ( Sør Afrikas ambassade). Har har også hørt ryktene om 6 blanke sider, men bekrefter at det kun er rykter. 1 blank side holder iflg ham. Som ha sier, så er alle ambassader de første til å få beskjed om eventuelle ny innreiseregler til SA!

Jeg velger å stole på SAA i Køben og ambassaden i Norge.