Sako L579 og M591 samme magasin?

Hei

Lånt det nede fra et annet forum der han har laget løst magasin på en L579

This thread gave me some useful input regarding the detachable mag, and I now have managed to buy one of these.

The part number above is not entirely correct, it should be S5940374 according to the Sako factory. It can be that the other number is for a kit containing all parts for the detachable magazine shown in the Forester manual, however those parts can unfortunately not be obtained any longer. Only the mag itself is available. Since the manual don´t show the solution in detail I came up with an idea of the parts needed by myself. Made them a couple of days ago and have only tested with dummy rounds. So far it works great with my rounds which are 6 mm Norma BR, normally very difficult to feed from magazines. One has to remember though, that the COAL capacity of the mag (308 Win) is reduced because it fits inside the original mag well. If I switch back to the 308 barrel it is easy to reinstall the original parts.

The things I made to get it to work was a longer spring loaded mag pin and a part that covers the hole when the floor plate is removed. I also had to mill/file the bottom metal in order to get the mag to fit properly.

Below are some pics:

6600773459_7d620d029f_z.jpg

6600772687_280f5c9440_z.jpg

6600772957_fc483505d9_z.jpg

6600773207_ddfcdc861f_z.jpg

Her har de brukt originalt hengslet underbeslag og laget om så det passer med utskiftbart magasin

Går det an å gjære det samme med Sako M591, finnes det magasin eller må man evt bruke magasin fra L579?

Noen som vet om de passer om hverandre?