308 Nor Mag

svivel

Hello: I think the .308 Norma Magnum is one of the best .308 caliber cartridges. Its not extreme, yet is a good magnum

with power & accuracy. A great choice for a Hunter.

I notice in the Norma Reloading manual that of the .358 Norma Magnum, Nils Kvale of Norma said that it essentially

duplicated the long obsolete .35 Newton that had been introduced in the U.S. in 1915. That being said in Norma's

own reloading manual...leads to the suspicion that basically the idea of the .308 Norma cartridge was copied from

the older Newton cartridge ,and slightly changed for the .308 Norma Magnum.

They are quite similar...both the .308 Norma magnum much like the .30 Newton & the .358 Norma Magnum also like

the .35 Newton. Except for small differences, and the Newton cartridges are not belted. I can make my Newton

cases from the Norma Magnum cases if wanted. They have nearly the same ballistics.

Much of the development in the Gun Industry is copied from what was proven good before.

I shoot both a .35 Newton & have 3, .358 Norma Magnums...also a .308 Norma Magnum. They are all very well

designed cartridges.

Mvh,

Tom