Sten wire stock on mosin nagant?

blyakselerator

hello, i have to write in english since my norwegian is not good enough yet, sorry for that.

is it legal in norway to go to a gunsmith to replace the wood stock from a mosin nagant rifle for a wire stock from a Sten MK2 as seen on this picture?

i would like it to be welded onto the receiver so it is non removable.

the rifle is for hunting.

kind regards, blyakselerator.

sten stock.jpg

Edited by blyakselerator

Just keep the length laws in mind (840 mm total with stock folded and any readily removable muzzle device removed, 400 mm barrel), and the fact that Mosins aren't very easy to get a hold of in Norway anymore.

7,62x54R ammo MUST be reloaded, factory ammo is limited to 35 NOK+++/round Sako and Lapua.

Ole

hello thank you for all your replies.

Ei tohi varjata, i will make sure i dont break any laws and double check all dimensions before building.

Dodraugen, yes Mauser is a better idea, the straight action screws on mauser look easier to work with than the angled ones on mosin, and cheaper ammo is always better as Ei tohi varjata said.

Psg-1,  i will probably make a look-a-like stock with the correct lenght of pull that fits me. i would never think of destroying a MK2S for parts. I have no problem cutting a mauser in half but i will never destroy a sten if i had one. sten is special to me.