Completed my Jegerprøven exam

EnglishJager

I would also apply for more than one. Look at what you might want a little down the road. Typically a rifle, shotgun and a .22 LR. Perhaps a combination gun of some type if that is something you want.

A switch-barrel rifle is also nice if you dont want to use too many spots in your hunting "allocation"

Not sure how long you've been in Norway, but if its not that long, the Police might want some proof of no criminal history in the UK? I would contact them and ask if they need anything extra. Better get the news now than when they finally get around to looking at your application.

• Thanks 1

I'd go with Cardinal's advice and make a call/visit to the local police who will be processing your permit applications. You'll have to send in copies of your hunter number, proof that you have an FG-approved (gun)safe, and maybe a copy of ID too depending on how hardass your local PD is, as well as the possibility of having to submit a UK-issued police statement regarding criminal history (or lack thereof).

As for submitting various applications, be sure to think through what kind of firearms and calibers/cartridges you want. While in many PDs it's not an issue to change i.e. an already granted .308 Win permit into a .30-06 one others may deem it impossible and refuse to do such changes. Same goes for buying a firearm or firearm part directly from another civilian; many PDs let you buy them with an "open application" (i.e.: just applying for "Rifle, bolt action, 308 Win") while others demand or require that you must apply specifically for a specific used gun (i.e.: "Rifle, bolt action, 308 Win, barrel length 45 cm, mfg Remington, Model 700, seller "Ola Nordmann, Norgesgata 4, 0020 Oslo"). Be sure to ask your PD how they do things so you don't get any surprises. A surprise means you usually get a letter (very rarely an email or phone call) after weeks of processing, that only adds more processing time (process permits > send you a letter > post delay > you receive, send the answer or additional needed info > post delay > they get it, another 1-10 weeks of waiting).

Ole

• Thanks 1